Through the generosity of the Anchor Point Foundation, we are excited to welcome applications for the 2019 cohort of the Chancellor’s Global Innovation Fellowship. Please apply here.
About the Fellowship
The Chancellor’s Global Innovation Fellowship (CGIF) provides up to 5 students (undergrad or grad) from across disciplines with a $5,000 stipend to apply their design-thinking and academic experiences to support a global organization that is actively pursuing one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals or Grand Challenges (Engineering, Social Work, or DU).
Students will source their own summer internships with a recognized and verified global social impact organization. The stipend may be used at students’ discretion, empowering them with the freedom to spend the summer pursuing their passions and learning from global and industry leaders.
In Fall 2019, Fellows will report back on the impact of their internship and key lessons learned. Project X-ITE will serve as a resource to the Fellows as they begin exploring post-graduate opportunities, and will connect them to local and national business and community leaders to serve as mentors throughout their time at DU and beyond.
“It was really intriguing and fun to work on high impact partnerships among institutional investors, micro finance institutions, and think tanks. For example, I worked on a policy focused project between Accion, DLA Piper, and digital finance service (DFS) providers to develop a model legal framework for regulators in emerging countries to adopt / use as a guide for regulating DFS in a way that doesn’t stifle growth, while also ensuring consumer protection.”
– REBECCA STIFTER, STURM COLLEGE OF LAW, JD 2019
- Provide students with the freedom to pursue their passions and develop their leadership skills without the burden of having to find a high-paying internship or job
- Create stronger connections between students and the social impact / sustainability sectors
- Encourage students to seek leadership roles that positively impact society
- Educate students about the Sustainable Development Goals and Grand Challenges
- Strengthen DU partnerships with international social impact organizations
How it works:
- Students apply for the Fellowship and go through an interview process to gain acceptance
- Students seek out their own internship focused on the Sustainable Development Goals and/or Grand Challenges. Project X-ITE will vet the opportunity and ensure that it fulfills the program goals.
- Students spent 8-10 weeks working at their internship, and present their experience at DU during The Social in October 2019.
- Students must be current DU student (undergrad or grad from any discipline) with plans to enroll full-time during Fall Quarter 2019
- Students must have a 3.0 GPA at the time of application
- Students must be available to report out on their work during September 2019 (video reports are fine for those studying abroad in Fall 2019)
- Students must have a demonstrated interest in working in a social impact or sustainability-focused company
- The 2019 CGIF application information will be posted soon. Please check back here for more information.
If you have questions about the fellowship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This internship has so far changed my whole outlook on the field of education reform and entrepreneurship. This fall, I am hoping to continue exploring those two fields from both an academic and a professional lens. I am also hoping to dedicate more time toward working on my teacher training startup that I am co-launching in Tunisia.”
– WALID HEDIDAR ANTHROPOLOGY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES BS/BA 2020