CONNECTING STUDENTS WITH DENVER’S BRIGHTEST MINDS
Mentors are a key component to launching a successful startup – or even thinking through the idea for a company or project. We seek experts and those who have been in the trenches to help students along their path to becoming an entrepreneur an innovator in three ways:
- Dedicated Mentor (Work 1:1 with a student-led start. 10-week commitment of 1 hour per week)
- Subject Matter Expert (Host workshops or office hours, or support students at startup events. Minimum 2-hour commitment.)
- Just-in-Time Mentor (1:1 meeting with a student to answer quick questions about your area of expertise. 30-minute commitment.)
This is a great resource for students and a tangible way for the community to get involved with DU and support the next generation of innovators. Nearly 250 community members have volunteered to serve as mentors to date, and we’re always looking to for more mentors to engage with our students!
Experts! Fill out our mentor form to be included in our database. We’ll let you know about periodic opportunities, and students will have access to your profile. We curate all relationships and help match you with students who need your help. If you’re interested in learning more, please contact Kanitha Heng Snow.
Students! Looking for a mentor for your company or project? Explore our mentor-matching platform, powered by Startup Space, to find your perfect mentor today!
PROJECT X-ITE MENTORSHIP ON STARTUP SPACE:
- Login via Desktop at STARTUPSPACE.APP/LOGIN
- Create an account if you have not yet done so.
- You should land in the Project X-ITE hub.
Please note: If your location is not set to Denver, or you cannot see the hub, first click on “Edit Profile” and change your location to Denver. Then return to the main profile page, click on “Change” under “Member Of”, click on “Join Community Hub”, and select Project X-ITE.
“Our mentor has been instrumental to Spotpost. He opens up his network to provide us with the connections we need to grow our company. Through him, we’ve met industry professionals who helped with marketing, software development, fundraising, design, growth, operations, and more. He’s helped me as a founder focus on problems and solutions rather than ideas and products, and taught me how to build, grow, and run a company.”
Grant Kochmann, Founder of Spotpost